1. I'm afraid of deep water. Really afraid! I don't know how to swim so that may be a part of it. I've signed up for swim lessons twice but chickened out twice.
2. One out of my four children is also afraid of the water. I signed him up for swim lessons (Yes, I do note the hypocrisy.) I paid him $15 to take the class. His last lesson is tomorrow and he is still not a swimmer. But he no longer panics when water hits his face.
3. In a meeting my manager told me about how she was shocked one of her 23 year old employees doesn't know how to swim. I didn't confess that this 37 year old employee doesn't swim either.
4. John and I flew to Florida. I looked out the window before we landed and our plane was circling the ocean! No one told me the plane would fly over water!
5. I nearly broke up with John when we were dating because he did not believe my fear and he tried dragging me into the pool.
6. We just booked a cruise. Yes, a cruise! We will be spending 5 days on a boat. Over water. Mama mia!
7. My sister-in-law told me last week that she used to teach swimming lessons. I think I may pull on my big girl panties and ask her to teach me how to swim.