I noticed this hill in my neighborhood a few weeks ago. It is the perfect place to climb to make my body fit and strong. It was a mountain offering strength in the climb, peace in the quiet during my hike, and the hope to make these legs sexy. It will be perfect! I've climbed it once. It seems I can come up with every excuse not to leave this house and do something to better myself. It's not hard to come up with excuses, they surround me. These are the minor things that trip me up and make my hill, or my life, to steep to climb.
- Devin has a stuffy nose which he carefully removes the green obstruction and hands it to me.
- Cameron does things on his time table and his time table only.
- The laundry, heaven help us, the laundry.
- Wasted time on the internet, oops!
- Allergies lurk on every corner of the hill.
- If I go on a walk Devin may need a diaper change. Did I mention his 5 stinky's a day? My mom called poopy diapers stinky diapers. Whatever you want to call it, 5 of them take a lot of time out of my day, because the stinkee won't surrender and hold still without a fight.
- I'd rather sew.
- Dishes, groceries, and other kitchen activities.
- If I leave the house I may be seen. By people.
So, there it is. The obstacles that seem to hinder my life. They are only excuses. They are reminders that my life is not what I would envision for a mother with it all together. It's shameful really to let minor things distract me from being the person I want to be.
I want to do better.
I can do better.
I will do better.
After I change that stinky diaper.