One good thing about the hurricane is that we had my brother as a house guest. I experienced flash backs of childhood with Daniel in our home. It's been 16 years since we shared common living areas. That's a lot of time to repress the good, the bad, and the ugly memories. Or in Daniel's case it would be the good, the bad, and the obnoxious!
I would like to list things about Daniel that I know, have known but forgotten, and unknown things that I have learned while he has stayed with us. These are in no particular order.
- Daniel is a humanitarian. I would never have expected this from Daniel growing up!
- He is very compassionate. Unless you are his sister.
- He is hysterical! He keeps me laughing even when I'm biting the inside of my cheeks because I don't want him to know that I find his annoying behavior funny.
- The man can't say my name correctly! He says it like a sneeze, "Ka-chreene!"
- He can't remember my son's name. He calls Ethan Floyd. Ethan used to hate it. But now he told Daniel and Heidi when they have a baby one day they can name him Ethan and he'll change his name to Floyd!
- Daniel loves his dogs. I mean, he really loves his pets! I am amazed that he has enough time to pamper his pets as much as he does. And just so everyone knows, raising a dog is NOTHING like raising a child!
- He doesn't like to be touched. I taught Madison this week that if he wants to bug Daniel just touch him, hug him, or rub his head. It works great!
- It's impossible to get the guy to smile for a picture.
- Daniel no longer eats any animal products. We're from a meat and potato type family.
- You will never win a debate with Daniel. Never! Don't even try. It's not worth the effort.
- He reads a million books a year. Seriously.
- Daniel has a photographic memory. That's a lot of data to retain when you read a million books a year!
- He's studying to be a chaplain in the army. I bet you didn't know you could be a Mormon chaplain, did you? Neither did I.
- He doesn't drink caffeinated drinks anymore. The fool!
- Daniel still has the bluest eyes.
- He's a democrat. He's voting for Obama. We were raised by the same parents. I just don't understand what went wrong!
- Daniel is still a pesky little brother. But I love him.
My favorite memory of Daniel was him reading my 2 boys "Bunnicula" on the porch. So sweet! I love having an uncle and an aunt nearby for my kids.