Sunday, August 19, 2007

Guest Blogger: Devin


Thank you for all of your kind emails. They made my mama feel a lot better. She asked me to update everyone about my surgery.

I had my final bottle at 11:30 pm. But I didn't know that would be my final bottle! Got milk? Because I didn't get any until 3:00 the next day! But I did surpise my mom and only woke up once that night at 3:00 am. She tried to trick me by slipping a little pedialyte in my bottle, but I caught onto that real fast! I quickly lost interest and fell back to sleep after 1 ounce. And then I was ripped from my slumber at 5:30 am. Is that how my mom feels when I cry for her during the night?

img_0016.jpgWe arrived at the hospital at 6:30am. I had no idea what was happening, but there were lots of toys, bright colors and other children. There were Dr's and Nurse's wrapping things around my legs, arms, and touching my head. But I didn't mind it, because I'm good that way.

The nurse gave my mom a pair of soft yellow pajamas for me to wear. They were too big but I still looked adorable. Who can't help but want to cuddle me anyway? But when I'm wearing soft pajamas, forget it!

At 8:00am, an entire 30 minutes earlier than scheduled, a small army of Dr's and Nurse's came for me. I had no fear. But mommy did. She couldn't help to cry as they took me from her arms and walked me down the hall to the operating room. I wasn't crying, I was to busy trying to rip the mask off the nurse's face.

What the?! What happened!! the last thing I remember is getting very sleepy. And then I was naked with wires all over me and something down my throat. I didn't like it at all! I was so happy to see my mom. But when the nurse was handing me to her the tube in my foot started bleeding all over! It took 3 nurse's to stop the bleeding and I was finally in my mom's arms. She was so happy to hold me again! I started shaking so hard that mom said if I had more than two teeth in my head they would be chattering. They wrapped me in warm blankets and the shaking slowly stopped.

After two hours I was on my way home. I wanted to prove to my mom I was healthy. Over the following 72 hours I learned to stand in my bed, pull myself up onto the couch and anything else in reach, and crawl up the stairs. Yeah, I'm that good! And my mom's grateful.


Melissa said...

Glad to hear Devin (and mom) made it through the surgery without complications. You were in our prayers.

Dawn said...

Glad you're feeling better Devin. And you sure are a little heartbreaker! =)

KiRaJoY said...

Oh good! Everything seemed to work out just fine! I can't imagine how nerve-racking that must have been!
And that pic of you holding Devin...I think it is a hot one of you!

Mimi said...

Yay! so glad everything is fine, and that the surgery is over! Thanks be to God!

Laura said...

So glad to hear everything worked out. He is a strong little guy. we will see him again in a few days. can't wait

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...